Creating a Dashboard
Create a Dashboard of charts and tables to visualize your data
Dashboards are an excellent tool to maintain charts and tables that let you analyze your data. You can also create complex internal tools that use components to modify and display data from your databases. Simply chain together several components to create a tool that automates repetitive or technical tasks.
Arctype provides all kinds of components to build stunning internal tools.
- Tables - view the data from your queries or HTTP transforms
- Charts - visualize your data with stunning charts. Supported chart types include bar, line, scatter, heat, and more
- Input/Selection Elements- add user interaction to your applications (change/submit data)
- Click the
+button on the top-left.
- Then choose
Create a new Dashboard tab.
Name your dashboard by editing the Title from
Untitled Dashboardto the desired name from the input on the left side of the toolbar.
- 1.Choose Table from the right sidebar. Then drag to your dashboard.
SELECT DATA SOURCE
- 3.Choose a saved query.
- 4.In the
Settingspanel, provide a chart title.
- 5.Optionally, configure a table action using the actions dropdown. You can add or remove multiple behaviors as well.
Adding a table
You can also configure advanced settings in the
Advancedtab, like providing a tooltip that's rendered on hover, setting the refresh rate, showing row numbers, or showing a download button.
Arctype provides a variety of charts to suit your needs. Current chart options include:
- Area charts
- Bar charts (stacked, horizontal, stacked and horizontal)
- Line charts
- Scatter charts
- Pie and doughnut charts
Charts are highly configurable. You can configure a chart when you create it, or right click on a chart and choose
To add a chart to your dashboard
- 1.Choose Dashboard from the right sidebar. Then create or select your dashboard and press
Addin the upper right corner and choose
Chartfrom the dropdown.
- 2.Provide a title for the chart in the
SELECT DATA SOURCE
- 4.Choose a saved query
- 5.Select the desired chart type
- 6.Specify the columns for the chart. Drag the available columns to the X-axis or Y-axis respectively.
A configured charts
The data type for the column must match the required data type for the axis of your chart. For example, the Y-axis of a bar chart must be a
In addition to the above configuration options, you can also set advanced options for the chart by clicking on the
Advancedtab in the chart settings panel.
- Show tooltip on hover: Specify a tooltip that will render when a user hovers your chart
- Refresh rate (minutes): Specify how often the chart refreshes with new data (minimum = 1 min)
- Subtitle: Render a subtitle for the chart
- Axis titles and labels: Specify titles and labels for your chart
- Axis range: Specify the x-axis and y-axis range
You can add a text inputs or date pickers to your dashboard by selecting
Addand then choosing
Date pickeroptions. The text input allows you to display text from a user typing text, or from another dashboard component. The date picker allows you to choose date ranges that limit which data is shown on other chart or table elements.
Configuring a date picker
For more information on adding text or date picker inputs to your dashboard, refer to the documentation here.